Zermatt, Switzerland and Budapest, Hungary
March 12 - 23, 2021
$2,760 double occupancy
$3,340 single occupancy
Ground only: $2,050 double, $2,630 single
Zermatt – a mile high ski Mecca for all levels of skier at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn! Best known for its southern exposure, high snowfall levels and quintessential Swiss charm, Zermatt is an incredible ski destination, one of the top 10 in the world! Ski the three main ski areas of Rothorn, Gornergrat or Matterhorn Glacier, and then ski across the border to Cervinia, Italy for lunch.
Zermatt is also renowned for its "all-inclusiveness" and no use of cars in the village – electric- cars and horse-drawn sleighs and carriages are the only transport allowed. Nightlife, entertainment, shopping and non-stop skiing-Zermatt has it all! Soothe your mind with classical music, enjoy live concerts or dance 'till you drop in clubs that stay open until 4 in the morning... Zermatt's the rockin' place to be! From pubs to Zermatt's discos, there's something for everyone - young and old alike. Have a blast, but don't forget... The ski lifts are open at 8 am tomorrow morning!!
Stay at the first-class Hotel Ambassador****, offering fantastic views of Matterhorn Peak and a convenient location in Zermatt, near the Gornergratbahn Railway Lift Station. The hotel rooms are large for European standards and most have a balcony, mini-bar, bath, WC, TV, radio and telephone. The hotel has a dining room and bar filled with Swiss charm, a children's playroom, and a BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED indoor swimming pool with sauna and fitness-room.
Then travel to Budapest, Hungry: From Zurich the group will fly to the enchanted city, Budapest, Hungary. This capital has something for everyone. Home of not one but two UNESCO World Heritage sites Budapest - it is the only capital in the world boasting nearly 100 thermal wells and 12 spas, where 19 million liters of thermal water breaks to the surface each and every day. The whole city is packed with fortifications and buildings from Roman times, Turkish baths still in use today, the heritages of the Gothic and Baroque eras, and the incredibly rich architecture of the Art Nouveau.
- Roundtrip air BOS-ZRH-BUD-BOS on Swiss Air
- Carry-on (8 kg), checked bag (23 kg), and additional checked ski luggage.
- Ground transfers
- 7 nights at the 4-star Hotel Ambassador in Zermatt
- Full European breakfast and 4-course dinner at the Ambassador
- 3 nights hotel in Budapest (centrally located, details TBA)
- 1/2 day walking tour of Budapest
- All gratuities for hotel dining and housekeeping staff
- All gratuities for ground transfers
- All taxes, surcharges, and fees
- Lift tickets are not included. Pricing for 2020/21 has not yet been announced.
- Zermatt is included on the Ikon Pass. However, access to Cervinina, Italy is not included in Ikon access.
- Aug. 18: $920 double, $1113 single
- Oct. 16: $920 double, $1,113 single
- Dec. 1: Final balance due. $920 double, $1,114 single
- PayPal payments accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org, but remember to use “Send to friends and family” to avoid the fee. Payments may show up as going to Dana Blanchard, the club treasurer.
- Send checks to ACE Ski and Board Club, c/o Dana Blanchard, P.O. Box 213, Townsend, MA 01469-0213
- Group cancellations:
Should travel restrictions remain or be lifted and then reinstated, at any time prior to arrival, the group may cancel without penalty. This will be at the discretion of the club Board of Directors with input from trip registrants.
For any reason, the club may cancel the trip in its entirety before Nov. 12, 2020. A go / no-go decision will be made before that date.
- Individual Cancellations:
- A $250 fee will apply to transfer registration to a new participant after airline tickets have been issued. No transfer fee if airline tickets have not been issued.
- If a replacement cannot be found, $300 deposit non-refundable. After 2nd payment (10/16/20), $600 cancellation fee. After final payment (12/1/20), no refunds.
- In the event of trip cancellation as a group, all payments will be refunded.
- If an incorrect name is given for airline tickets, a $100 fee will apply to correct the name.
- Details TBA.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. We have cancellations due to injury and illness nearly every year.
At the Zurich Airport, after retrieving baggage from the baggage claim and clearing customs, we will meet our representative from the bus company, who will transfer us to the train station in Täsch. We will then take a short train ride up to Zermatt. Hotel Ambassador is down road to LEFT from the train station (Alphorn Tours gets tickets in advance). We will pre-pay for 1 bag per person transfer from Täsch to Zermatt via taxi, trip participants are responsible to bring other bags on train themselves!
Friday Saturday March 12, 2021 BOS LX 53 9:45 PM 11:00AM + 1 Day ZRH
March 20, 2021
March 23, 2021
BUD LX 2255 2:45 PM 4:25 PM ZRH
ZRH LX 52 5:25 PM 9:05 PM BOS
Club membership (ACE or EICSL) is required by the time of the trip. Memberships can be purchased online for $30.
Questions? Contact Bryan Woods at email@example.com, 978-726-3462.