Zermatt and Lucerne, Switzerland
January 28 - February 8, 2022
$2,895 double occupancy
Zermatt – a mile high ski Mecca for all levels of skier at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn! Best known for its southern exposure, high snowfall levels and quintessential Swiss charm, Zermatt is an incredible ski destination, one of the top 10 in the world! Ski the three main ski areas of Rothorn, Gornergrat or Matterhorn Glacier, and then ski across the border to Cervinia, Italy for lunch.
Zermatt is also renowned for its "all-inclusiveness" and no use of cars in the village – electric-cars and horse-drawn sleighs and carriages are the only transport allowed. Nightlife, entertainment, shopping and non-stop skiing-Zermatt has it all! Soothe your mind with classical music, enjoy live concerts or dance 'till you drop in clubs that stay open until 4 in the morning... Zermatt's the rockin' place to be! From pubs to Zermatt's discos, there's something for everyone - young and old alike. Have a blast, but don't forget... The ski lifts are open at 8 am tomorrow morning!!
Stay at the first-class 4**** Hotel Ambassador, offering fantastic views of Matterhorn Peak and a convenient location in Zermatt, near the Gornergratbahn Railway Lift Station. The hotel rooms are large for European standards and most have a balcony, mini-bar, bath, WC, TV, radio and telephone. The hotel has a dining room and bar filled with Swiss charm, a children's playroom, and a BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED indoor swimming pool with sauna and fitness-room.
Lucerne - From Zermatt we will travel to Lucerne and stay at the Hotel Continental Park for three nights. This is a 4-star hotel located in the heart Lucerne, a picturesque walkable city with a well-preserved medieval Old Town dating back to the 13th century. The centerpiece of the city is the iconic Chapel Bridge built in 1333. If you’d like to take a day trip to a nearby city, the central train station is located directly across the street from the hotel. Bern and Zurich are both about an hour train ride away.
We had considered additional days of skiing but felt it was important to offer a European city for those seeking the cultural experience. Fortunately for all those who can’t get enough skiing, we settled on a solution that offers both. Walk across the street and hop a train for the 45-minute ride to Engelberg where you’ll find world class skiing with a 6,463 ft vertical drop including the Titlis Glacier. You’ll have two full days to explore Engelberg if you’d like.
- Roundtrip air BOS-ZRH on Swiss Air
- Carry-on (8 kg), checked bag (23 kg), and additional checked ski luggage.
- Ground transfers
- 7 nights at the 4-star Hotel Ambassador in Zermatt
- Full European breakfast daily
- Gourmet dinner each evening at the Ambassador
- 3 nights at the 4-star, centrally located Hotel Continental Park in Lucerne
- All gratuities for hotel dining and housekeeping staff
- All gratuities for ground transfers
- All taxes, surcharges, and fees
Lift tickets / Season pass:
- Lift tickets are not included. Pricing for 2022 has not yet been announced. For 2021, a 6-day ticket to Zermatt only (no Cervinia) was 338 CHF ($372). Cervinia was closed for 2021 due to COVID restrictions. Anticipate the combined ticket cost to be around $400.
- Zermatt is included on the Ikon (7 days) and Ikon Base (5 days) Passes. The inclusion of Cervinia, Italy for 2022 is TBD. There may be an upgrade charge for Cervinia access.
- A deposit of $300 is required to reserve your spot. This deposit will be applied to your first payment.
- Three payments of $965 (double), $1120 (single)
- Payment due dates: June 24, September 8, November 8
- PayPal payments accepted at email@example.com, but remember to use “Send to friends and family” to avoid the fee. Payments may show up as going to Dana Blanchard, the club treasurer.
- Send checks to ACE Ski and Board Club, c/o Dana Blanchard, P.O. Box 213, Townsend, MA 01469-0213
- Ikon Pass payments are due immediately with your deposit. The trip credits will be applied to your final payment.
- A $250 fee will apply to transfer registration to a new participant after airline tickets have been issued.
- A $100 name change fee will apply to correct errors in your registration form after tickets have been issued.
- Cancellation fee schedule:
- Until 11/6/21: $300
- Until 12/6/21: $600
- After 12/6/21 no refunds.
- In the event of voluntary trip cancellation as a group, all payments will be refunded.
- Anticipate COVID vaccination and testing requirements for international travel. No refunds will be given if you are denied travel for vaccination or testing issues.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. We have cancellations due to injury and illness nearly every year.
- If interested in the optional Group Deluxe Policy/Trip Cancellation benefits – It’s simple. Individuals submit & pay for their specific insurance. If interested in Group Deluxe CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) plan MUST sign up within 14 days of deposit.
The standard Group Deluxe policy LINK: https://www.travelinsured.com/group.signup?group=132078&guid=248e765619184224a6412cc4da6d088eAnd Cancel for any reason: https://www.travelinsured.com/group.signup?group=132079&guid=1fb83090788f4d2282354ba9aacb8569Group Deluxe FAQhttps://www.travelinsured.com/news-resources/covid-19/2020/04/24/group-deluxe-faqs
At the Zurich Airport, after retrieving baggage from the baggage claim and clearing customs, we will meet our representative from the bus company, who will transfer us to the train station in Täsch. We will then take a short train ride up to Zermatt. Hotel Ambassador is down road to LEFT from the train station (Alphorn Tours gets tickets in advance). We will pre-pay for 1 bag per person transfer from Täsch to Zermatt via taxi, trip participants are responsible to bring other bags on train themselves.
Club membership (ACE or EICSL) is required by the time of the trip. Memberships can be purchased online for $30.
Questions? Contact Bryan Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-726-3462.