Zermatt, Switzerland and Budapest, Hungary
January 28 - February 8, 2022
$2,895 double occupancy
$3,360 single occupancy
Ground only: $2,100 double, $2,520 single
Zermatt – a mile high ski Mecca for all levels of skier at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn! Best known for its southern exposure, high snowfall levels and quintessential Swiss charm, Zermatt is an incredible ski destination, one of the top 10 in the world! Ski the three main ski areas of Rothorn, Gornergrat or Matterhorn Glacier, and then ski across the border to Cervinia, Italy for lunch.
Zermatt is also renowned for its "all-inclusiveness" and no use of cars in the village – electric-cars and horse-drawn sleighs and carriages are the only transport allowed. Nightlife, entertainment, shopping and non-stop skiing-Zermatt has it all! Soothe your mind with classical music, enjoy live concerts or dance 'till you drop in clubs that stay open until 4 in the morning... Zermatt's the rockin' place to be! From pubs to Zermatt's discos, there's something for everyone - young and old alike. Have a blast, but don't forget... The ski lifts are open at 8 am tomorrow morning!!
Stay at the first-class 4**** Hotel Ambassador, offering fantastic views of Matterhorn Peak and a convenient location in Zermatt, near the Gornergratbahn Railway Lift Station. The hotel rooms are large for European standards and most have a balcony, mini-bar, bath, WC, TV, radio and telephone. The hotel has a dining room and bar filled with Swiss charm, a children's playroom, and a BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED indoor swimming pool with sauna and fitness-room.
Budapest, Hungary: From Zurich the group will fly to the enchanted city, Budapest, Hungary. This capital has something for everyone. Home of not one but two UNESCO World Heritage sites Budapest - it is the only capital in the world boasting nearly 100 thermal wells and 12 spas, where 19 million liters of thermal water breaks to the surface each and every day. The whole city is packed with fortifications and buildings from Roman times, Turkish baths still in use today, the heritages of the Gothic and Baroque eras, and the incredibly rich architecture of the Art Nouveau.
The Continental Hotel Budapest****Superior is built on the site of the former legendary Hungária Spa and the historical Budapest’s city centre. The nearby Jewish Quarter with its atmospheric streets, market and cultural legacy including Europe’s largest synagogue and the Jewish Museum, together with the area’s restaurants and retro bars evoke a special mood that cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world. The hotel’s exceptional ARAZ Restaurant seats 120 people and offers a wide selection of dishes. The menu evokes meals served by the upper-middle class restaurants of the past century, while combining fashionable international delicacies. The Gallery Café with Corporate Lounge located above the faithfully restored main entrance are central areas for social life. The Spa has one of the largest and one of the most state-of-the-art wellness and fitness centres among Budapest hotels.
- Roundtrip air BOS-ZRH-BUD-BOS on Swiss Air
- Carry-on (8 kg), checked bag (23 kg), and additional checked ski luggage.
- Ground transfers
- 7 nights at the 4-star Hotel Ambassador in Zermatt
- Full European breakfast daily
- Gourmet dinner each evening at the Ambassador
- 3 nights at the 4-star, centrally located Continental Hotel Budapest
- 1/2 day tour of Budapest
- All gratuities for hotel dining and housekeeping staff
- All gratuities for ground transfers
- All taxes, surcharges, and fees
Lift tickets / Season pass:
- Lift tickets are not included. Pricing for 2022 has not yet been announced. For 2021, a 6-day ticket to Zermatt only (no Cervinia) was 338 CHF ($372). Cervinia was closed for 2021 due to COVID restrictions. Anticipate the combined ticket cost to be around $400.
- Zermatt is included on the Ikon (7 days) and Ikon Base (5 days) Passes. The inclusion of Cervinia, Italy for 2022 is TBD. There may be an upgrade charge for Cervinia access.
- We are offering a discounted Ikon Pass through the tour operator. Please find pricing details and sign up here. Prices increase May 18 for new Ikon customers. Payment in full for the season pass is due with your initial deposit.
- In addition to the discounted price, if you purchase an Ikon Pass through the tour operator, there is an available credit of $50-100 to the trip cost that will be applied to your final payment.
- If you have already purchased your Ikon Pass, you are still eligible for the discounted rate. After your pass purchase through the tour operator is complete, call Ikon customer service directly for a refund of your full price pass.
- A deposit of $300 is required to reserve your spot. This deposit will be applied to your first payment.
- Three payments of $965 (double), $1120 (single)
- Payment due dates: June 24, September 8, November 8
- PayPal payments accepted at email@example.com, but remember to use “Send to friends and family” to avoid the fee. Payments may show up as going to Dana Blanchard, the club treasurer.
- Send checks to ACE Ski and Board Club, c/o Dana Blanchard, P.O. Box 213, Townsend, MA 01469-0213
- Ikon Pass payments are due immediately with your deposit. The trip credits will be applied to your final payment.
- A $250 fee will apply to transfer registration to a new participant after airline tickets have been issued.
- A $100 name change fee will apply to correct errors in your registration form after tickets have been issued.
- Cancellation fee schedule:
- Until 11/6/21: $300
- Until 12/6/21: $600
- After 12/6/21 no refunds.
- In the event of trip cancellation as a group, all payments will be refunded.
- Anticipate COVID vaccination and testing requirements for international travel. No refunds will be given if you are denied travel for vaccination or testing issues.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. We have cancellations due to injury and illness nearly every year.
- If interested in the optional Group Deluxe Policy/Trip Cancellation benefits – It’s simple.Here's the Group Deluxe LINK - Individuals submit & pay for their specific insurance. If interested inGroup Deluxe CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) plan MUST sign up within 14 days of deposit on this LINKThe Group Deluxe policy LINK:https://www.travelinsured.com/group.signup?group=132078&guid=248e765619184224a6412cc4da6d088e
And here’s the official long link for CFAR
Group Deluxe FAQ
At the Zurich Airport, after retrieving baggage from the baggage claim and clearing customs, we will meet our representative from the bus company, who will transfer us to the train station in Täsch. We will then take a short train ride up to Zermatt. Hotel Ambassador is down road to LEFT from the train station (Alphorn Tours gets tickets in advance). We will pre-pay for 1 bag per person transfer from Täsch to Zermatt via taxi, trip participants are responsible to bring other bags on train themselves.
- BOSTON - ZURICH , Fri 28 Jan 2022
9:45 pm BOS 11:00 am + 1 ZRH
- ZURICH - BUDAPEST , Sat 05 Feb 2022
12:30 pm ZRH 2:05 pm BUD
- BUDAPEST - BOSTON , Tue 08 Feb 2022
2:45 pm BUD 8:05 pm BOS
Club membership (ACE or EICSL) is required by the time of the trip. Memberships can be purchased online for $30.
Questions? Contact Bryan Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-726-3462.