Val d'Isere and Paris, France
Jan. 31 - Feb. 11, 2020
$2,820 / person double occupancy
$3,435 single occupancy
- 7-nights ski-in, ski-out at Hotel Altitude in Val d'Isere
- 3-nights at Hotel Belloy Saint-Germain, Paris
- Airfare from Boston - Geneva (GVA) and Paris (CDG) - Boston
- Deluxe motor coach ground transfers
- Transfer to Paris via TGV high speed train
- Five evening dinners in Val d'Isere
- Welcome reception in Val d'Isere
- Full European breakfasts daily
- 2-3 hour walking tour of Paris
- Porterage in and out of hotels
Val d’Isere, France is located in the Savoie Region of the majestic French Alps. The combined Val d’Isere - Tignes ski area is one of the world’s largest and most famous ski resorts. Val d’Isere offers enough challenge to make this region the favorite of accomplished skiers, yet the wide-open, rolling slopes make it all seem easy. It is possible to ski day after day without repeating a run. There is some easy-to-intermediate skiing high on the Solaise and Bellevarde complex, but the long, tough route back down to Le Laisinant is for the expert only.
Enjoy the combined Val d’Isere - Tignes ski area of Espace Killy for many hours and miles of skiing. There is a combined 300 km (186 miles) of groomed pistes and two glaciers served by 90 lifts. This makes it several times larger than anything in North America, and on par with the largest ski areas in the world. Val d'Isere is one of the highest ski towns in Europe located at an altitude of 6,070 ft. Summit elevations top out over 11,300 ft and offer a skiable vertical drop of 6,234 ft.
The Hotel Altitude is a ski-in/ski-out chalet-style hotel located near the Face de Bellevarde ski slope and has a warm and homely atmosphere. At the foot of the Olympic gondola, the Altitude has an excellent ski-in, ski-out position, 3 minutes' walk (300m) across the slopes from the village center. Guests can enjoy traditional cuisine in the Altitude’s restaurant and relax with an evening drink in the lounge by the fireplace. Dinner is provided five out of seven nights, allowing two nights to go out and explore restaurants in town. There is also a large south-facing terrace. The rooms, adorned in beautiful woodwork, are comfortably spacious and have a balcony with lounge chairs and a mountain view. Rooms are also equipped with TV, telephone and full baths. There is free Wi-Fi in the public areas of the hotel.
Stay three nights in Paris, perhaps the most captivating city in Europe. Famous names and events are invested with a glamour that elevates the city and its people to a legendary realm, and it still clings to its status as an artistic, intellectual and literary pacesetter. Nowadays the most tangible and immediate pleasures of Paris are found in its street life and along the lively banks of the River Seine. Few cities can compete with the cafés, bars and restaurants that line every street and boulevard. And the city's compactness makes it possible to experience the individual feel of the different quartiers. You can move easily, even on foot, from the centrally located hotel in which you will be staying in the highly desirable Saint Germain neighborhood.
- Special group rate of ~$300 on 6-day Espace Killy lift pass based on 2018-19 rates. (Public rate is €294 for 2018/19 season, estimated at $330-340.)
- Senior discount 65-74 years – $240 Seniors 75+ FREE!
- For 2018/19, Epic Pass holders received 2 days at Val d'Isere / Tignes, and 2 additional days at nearby Paradiski. 2020 benefits TBA.
- With registration: $940 double, $1145 single
- Sept. 20: $940 double, $1145 single
- Dec. 6: Final balance due. $940 double, $1145 single.
- PayPal payments accepted at email@example.com, but remember to use “Send to friends and family” to avoid the fee. Payments may show up as going to Dana Blanchard, the club treasurer.
- Send checks to ACE Ski and Board Club, c/o Bryan Woods, 49 School St, N Chelmsford, MA 01863.
- Cancellation policy: $300 Deposit non-refundable unless trip is cancelled. After 2nd payment (Sept. 20), $600 cancellation fee. After final payment (Dec. 6), no refunds.
- Travel insurance is offered through Travel Insured
- Make sure to enter in the cost of the entire trip in "Trip cost for primary traveler". It will depend on single vs double occupancy, etc. Estimate $300 for lift tickets if you plan to pre-purchase when they become available.
- Travel insurance is recommended. We have cancellations due to injury nearly every year.
Friday January 31, 2020 BOS LH 423 4:25 PM 5:25 AM + 1 day FRA February 1, 2020 FRA LH 1212 7:00 AM 8:05 AM GVA
Feb 11, 2020
CDG LH 229 11:20 AM 12:45 PM MUC
MUC LH 424 3:45 PM 6:35 PM
- Deduct $600 if you supply your own air
A 7-night ground-only option is available for $1,850. If we receive a minimum of 10 participants for this option, group airfare will be available.
Group discounted ski rentals are available.
- The ground transfer to Paris will be via train. Please remember that you'll need to be able to handle any luggage on-board, so please limit yourself to your carry-on and personal item. For this reason please consider renting skis.
- You can ship skis door-to-door from your home to the hotel for less than Lufthansa charges for ski baggage. The cost is $179 each way a single ski bag, and $239 for a double ski bag.
- You will be able to ship large suitcases from the hotel in Val d'Isere to Paris for 19.47 EUR. It takes 1-2 business days, so you'll need to be prepared to live out of your carry-on for a couple days.
Club membership (ACE or EICSL) is required by the time of the trip. Memberships can be purchased online for $30.
Questions? Contact Bryan Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-726-3462.
- Forbes guide to Val d'Isere
- Trip Advisor: Hotel Belloy
- Trip Advisor: Hotel Altitude
- Val d'Isere video guide
- Outside TV episode on Val d'Isere
- CNN's guide
- Rick Steve's Paris online
- Attache Paris
- Rick Steve's Regal and Intimate, Embracing Life and Art, Highlights of Paris video, and Side Trips
- Wolter's World Paris