Chamonix, France and Barcelona, Spain
January 27 - February 7, 2023
- $3,230 double occupancy, $4,280 single.
- Ground-only (no airfare): $2,180 double occ., $3,230 single
- 7-night Chamonix-only, ground-only: $1,730 double occ., $2,620 single
Chamonix lies on the borders of Italy, France and Switzerland in a valley at the foot of the spectacular Mont Blanc range, the highest peak in the Alps, with its many glaciers. Many skiers consider Chamonix to be the ultimate skiing experience. Your lift pass includes an area that is bigger than Vail and Aspen combined. Explore the entire Mont Blanc with a guide and really find the good spots!
The group will provide a private bus for day trips to Megève and Courmayeur in the Aosta Valley of Italy. Megeve is lux ski village complete with Michelin-starred dining and a sprawling skiable domain. Courmayeur is a ski town just on the other side of the Mont Blanc tunnel. For those with a guide it is possible to ski back to Chamonix on the Mer de Glace (France's largest glacier) from Courmayeur via Punta Helbronner. Both Courmayeur and Megeve are included along with Chamonix on the Mont Blanc Unlimited ski pass.
Chamonix itself is super-lively and easily accessible to other parts of Europe for non-skiers. There is an abundance of shopping, cafes, pubs and exceptional nightlife that will keep you running--and, be sure to bring your appetite, the food is incredible!
The 4* Hôtel Le Refuge des Aiglons was completely renovated in 2017 and is just a 10-minute walk from central Chamonix. It is a cozy, modern, lively, and welcoming mountain lodge right in the middle of Chamonix that can surprise you in more ways than one. Discover what the hotel calls its “Life Space” and its open common areas, relax in the spacious lounge, have a signature cocktail at the bar, or a traditional local lunch at the restaurant. And you do all that while keeping the majestic mountains within eyesight.
The restaurant, La Table du Refuge, serves innovative cuisine for lunch and dinner. Meals and drinks can be enjoyed in the cozy lounge bar or on the pool-side terrace facing Mont Blanc. The hotel offers a heated outdoor pool (28 degrees C), and a wellbeing center with sauna, steam room, massages and beauty treatments. This property is 650 feet from the Aiguille du Midi cable car and 50 feet from the bus stop.
Barcelona - From Chamonix we will fly to Barcelona in the Cataluña region of Spain and stay at the El Avenida Palace for three nights. El Avenida Palace stands in the heart of the city of Barcelona between two of the most emblematic and best-known streets – Paseo de Gracia and Rambla de Cataluña. In the midst of Barcelona’s most important shopping streets, it is walking distance of the city’s most prestigious stores and restaurants. It is also connected to the modern public transport system, giving easy access to the city’s leading cultural and leisure attractions. Barcelona is known as Spain's most vibrant city and is the cultural center of 7 million Catalans who consider themselves a nation without a state. Barcelona has a rich history stretching from Roman times to the eras of Antoni Gaudi and Pablo Picasso.
- Roundtrip air from Boston - Geneva - Barcelona
- a checked bag (23 kg), carry-on, and additional checked ski luggage on Swiss return flight only
- One standard checked bag and a personal item is included on easyJet. Skis and a carry-on are an additional charge. Skis are considered small sports equipment (up to 20kg) and subject to a $45 advanced booking fee or $60 fee at the airport. A carry-on can't be pre-paid for the group or we would have included it. The price is dynamic based on availability. See their list of fees for details.
- Ground transfers
- 7 nights at the 4-star Hôtel Le Refuge des Aiglons in Chamonix
- On-site health spa with in-ground outdoor heated pool & sauna cabana
- Hotel located at the start of all bus routes to all valley resorts
- Full European breakfast daily
- Dinner each evening in Chamonix
- 3 nights at the 4-star El Avenida Palace in Barcelona
- 3-hour walking or bus tour of Barcelona
- All gratuities for hotel dining and housekeeping staff
- All gratuities for ground transfers
- Private buses and gratuities for day trips to Courmayeur and Megeve
- All taxes, surcharges, and fees
Lift tickets / Season pass:
- Lift tickets are not included. The Mont Blanc Unlimited Pass includes Chamonix, Megeve, and Courmayeur.
- Chamonix is included on the Ikon Pass, but lift access for Megeve and Courmayeur are not included.
- Group transportation for one day each to Courmayeur and Megeve is included as part of the trip, but you will be responsible for lift access.
- Ikon passes are available for purchase through the tour operator, Alphorn Tours. If you purchase through Alphorn, you will receive a credit ($100 for the full Ikon, $50 for Ikon Base) toward your final payment. Ikon Pass purchases are due in full immediately.
- Your full first payment is required to reserve your spot.
- Three payments of $1076.66 (double), $1426.66 (single)
- Ikon Pass payments are due immediately with your deposit. The trip credits will be applied to your final payment.
- Payment due dates: with registration, September 8, November 8
- Send checks to ACE Ski and Board Club, c/o Dana Blanchard, P.O. Box 213, Townsend, MA 01469-0213
- A $100 name change fee will apply to correct errors in your registration form after tickets have been issued.
- Cancellation fee schedule:
- Until 10/17/22: $300
- Until 11/16/22: $600
- 11/17/22 onwards no refunds
- In the event of voluntary trip cancellation as a group, all payments will be refunded.
- Anticipate COVID vaccination and testing requirements for international travel. No refunds will be given if you are denied travel for vaccination or testing issues. As of June 10, 2022 travelers to both France and Spain are required to present either proof of vaccination or a negative test. There is no longer a negative test required to return to the USA. This is subject to change at any time.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. We have cancellations due to injury and illness nearly every year.
- If interested in Group Deluxe CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) plan, you MUST sign up within 14 days of deposit. If calling Travel Insured (800-243-3174) give the Alphorn Tours agent code #49538 of to sign up.
Exact itinerary subject to change. We are holding 44 seats on the Swiss legs and 32 seats on EasyJet. When these seats fill, prices are subject to change.
Lufthansa LH423 27JAN BOS-FRA 1550 0515+1
Lufthansa LH1212 28JAN FRA-GVA 0705 0810
EasyJet / 1 Hold bag 23KG
Geneva to Barcelona
Saturday, 04 February 2023
Dep: 0830 -Arr: 0955
Swiss LX1955 07FEB BCN-ZRH 1455 1640
Swiss LX 052 07FEB ZRH-BOS 1725 2005
Club membership (ACE or EICSL) is required by the time of the trip. Memberships can be purchased online for $30.
Questions? Contact Bryan Woods at email@example.com, 978-726-3462.